Chill Out: The Best Cold Brew Coffee Makers to Help You Beat the Heat
When the mercury rises, images of backyard barbecues, beaches, and sunshine take up residence in my mind. But the one thing that takes center stage in my fantasies when summer is near is chilly glasses of java.
Iced coffee and cold brew season are upon us! While this joyous time is marked by glee, it can also mean a higher price tag when going to grab your daily joe.
Iced and cold brew coffees cost more than their steamy counterparts, which is one downside to cooling off while getting caffeinated.
LISTEN UP, my fellow coffee connoisseurs…
You can get in on the coolest trend in coffee without forking over $5 or more each morning. Purchasing a cold brew coffee maker is a fun and affordable way to enjoy a delicious cold brew throughout the summer and beyond!
Take a look below for more information on what makes cold brew coffee makers so amazing and how to find the best one for you. After much research and taste testing, we have cherry-picked the cold brew coffee makers that are TOO COOL for school based on the following categories:
- Commercial Use
- Fun and Versatile Drinks
- Mason Jar
- Large and in Charge
- Best Looking
- Time Crunch
- Best Overall
Best Cold Brew Makers For Your Money
|Toddy Commercial System||Best For Commercial Use|
|ZENZENZE Airtight||Best For Fun and Versatile Drinks|
|Country Line Kitchen||Best Mason Jar|
|KitchenAid||Best Large and in Charge|
|Yama Tower||Best Looking|
|Gourmia Automatic||Best For A Time Crunch|
|Toddy T2N||Best Over All|
In a Rush? Get This One
The Toddy T2N Cold Brew Maker is a classic cold brew coffee maker that delivers optimal quality for under $50!
Whether you are a novice to the cold brew world or a connoisseur, you can’t go wrong with a Toddy. The system is extremely easy to use, durable and has 50 years of accolades to back it up.
The Toddy T2N wins our coveted “Best Overall” title, which you can find at the end of this article. Come back later and read the more detailed description to see why this little cold brew system left us so impressed.
What is Cold Brew Coffee?
Although I have already used “iced coffee” and “cold brew” in the same sentence, I’m not using the terms interchangeably.
If you’re a novice to the cold brew craze, you may be wondering what the differences are between regularly iced coffees and cold brews.
Yes, both versions are cold, but the similarities sort of end there. Iced coffee is basically hot coffee with an extra step involved. Coffee is brewed using hot water, and is then refrigerated until chilled and then served over ice. This chilling time yields a brighter, more acidic taste that could be why people decide to foist over the extra couple of dollars for iced coffee, other than hot weather.
Cold brew coffee is never heated and the process of making a cold brew is a great example of good things coming to those who wait. Cold brew coffee is made using water that is cold or at room temperature. Coarse coffee grounds are combined with the water and left to steep between 12 to 24 hours depending on the recipe and your taste preference.
This process unlocks flavor profiles that can’t be achieved with regular iced coffee. A full-bodied, aromatic taste comes from the steeping process. Cold brew coffees tend to have less acidity than iced coffees, with many taking on floral or chocolatey notes that take your morning caffeination from a necessary jolt to a full-blown experience.
Not only does this make for a better tasting cup of coffee, but it also will leave your stomach happy. Because cold brews are typically 67% less acidic than regular iced coffee, there is less risk of your delicious java coming at the cost of an upset stomach or heartburn.
I also liken the differences between iced coffee and cold brew coffee to that of boxed wine and fine wine. This is in NO WAY a knock on boxed wine. I am all about hitting the box (in moderation, of course) after a long, taxing day.
But if I’m looking for that luxurious experience that comes with a really fantastic bottle of red or white, I’m going to pick the higher priced bottle from a local winery — along with a nice slice of manchego.
Fortunately for you, enjoying a versatile cold brew coffee each morning doesn’t have to break the bank. Many cold brew coffee makers are SUPER affordable, with some even coming in at a price tag of less than $20!
The cold brew coffee makers we have listed below are mostly in two two-digit price mark, with the MOST expensive maker coming in under $300. Take a look!
Best for Commercial Use: Toddy Cold Brew Commercial System (Under $100)
If you’re in the coffee industry and haven’t yet jumped on the cold brew bandwagon, the time to up your game is WAY overdue.
On a hot day, coffee connoisseurs will be seeking refuge in a cold brew — not an iced coffee. And if you decide to introduce those newbies making “iced coffee” orders to the fabulous world of cold brew, you’re guaranteed to impress and will likely have these novices coming back to your business again and again.
But to make cold brews in a store, you need a good cold brew coffee maker. That’s where the Toddy Commercial Model Cold Brew System comes in.
- BPA-free container. Why is it important to choose containers that are BPA-free? According to the Mayo Clinic, studies have suggested possible links between BPA and health issues, such as high blood pressure. As the FDA continues researching the safety of BPA, your mind can be at ease knowing that your cold brews are 100% delicious and 0% BPA.
- Zero electricity. You can get robust brews without putting even the tiniest dent in your electric bill!
- Water, water everywhere. The BPA-free container can hold up to five gallons — that’s a lot of coffee!
- Get the best of both worlds. If you have customers who prefer tea over coffee, the Toddy Cold Brew Commercial System comes equipped with instructions for tea concentrate.
- Dimensions: 12.4 x 13.1 x 17.9 inches
- Weight: 3.53 lbs
Best for Fun and Versatile Drinks: ZENZENZE Airtight Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker and Tea Infuser (Less than $25)
Is it any coincidence that a cold brew coffee maker that is designed to make SO MUCH MORE than cold brew coffee is shaped like a fancy decanter? I think not!
Get ready to be a big hit with party guests when you bust out this versatile cold brew coffee maker. And in case you were wondering, YES, the Zenzenze is just as pretty out of the box as its pictures online.
- Boasts a 1.6-liter capacity, so you can make up to 8 cups of cold brew at a time!
- Yes, you will get an amazing cold brew coffee with this product, but it offers SO MUCH MORE. The Zenzenze has a 4-in-1 brewing system that makes it easy to make a variety of beverages, like teas, infused water, cocktails, and juices.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Its strong design and durable, stainless steel infuser make this a product that was built to last.
- Drinking to do good. Zenzenze donates 5% of all profits to fund the education of Indian children who have lost their fathers.
- Dimensions: 3.9 x 3.9 x 11.4 inches
- Weight: 1.8 lbs
- Materials: Glass; stainless steel
Best Mason Jar: Country Line Kitchen Cold Brew Coffee Maker (Under $30)
I love mason jar cold brew coffee makers because the look is so simple yet sophisticated. Now you can drink cold brews like a true hipster without paying hipster cafe prices. And this model from Country Line Kitchen is a beauty with brawn.
- Making cold brew coffee is pretty easy regardless of which make you choose. But the Country Line Kitchen Cold Brew Coffee Maker may be the easiest of all! Simply add coffee to the filter basket, add water, then set it and forget it.
- No BPA.
- A stainless steel mesh filter will basically last until the end of time AND it keeps grounds out of your coffee. I don’t know about you, but I prefer a cup of coffee I can drink, not chew.
- A silicone seal and cap keeps your brews fresh.
- Dimensions: 4.2 x 4.2 x 9.5 inches
- Weight: 1.9 lbs
Best for a Large and in Charge Brew: KitchenAid Cold Brew Coffee Maker (Under $100)
Although this is considered “large” by cold brew standards, this model from KitchenAid still has a small enough footprint to fit easily in your refrigerator and kitchen counter. If you’re in a house of cold brew fans or are having guests over, this coffee maker is perfect for delivering tons of cold brew to share — 14 cups, to be exact.
- Makes up to 28 ounces of coffee concentrate.
- Maximum convenience. A stainless steel tap allows you to dispense coffee to your cup directly from the fridge!
- A sleek and beautiful design complements any kitchen decor.
- Coffee will stay fresh in the refrigerator for a whopping two weeks!
- Glass and stainless steel preserve taste and increase longevity of the maker.
- Dimensions: 8 x 7 x 6.9 inches
- Weight: 6.7 lbs
Best Looking: Yama Cold Brew Tower (Under $275)
One thing I love about cold brew coffee makers is that — along with delivering an amazing cup of java — the makers tend to be extremely chic. But of all the cold brew coffee makers you could purchase, the best looking by far is the Yama Cold Brew Tower.
Its price tag far exceeds the typical two-digit cost for most cold brew coffee makers, but if you’re ok spending some extra coin, this tower will make a gorgeous addition to any home or coffee shop.
- Makes acid-free coffee.
- Along with a unique look, this product brews coffee a bit differently from other cold brew coffee makers. Ice cold water drips slowly over the grounds, allowing you to have more control over your desired strength of coffee.
- Despite the slow dripping process, the Yama delivers cold brew coffee in 6-8 hours, which is about half the time it takes comparable machines to brew.
- Dimensions: 12 x 9 x 24.5 inches.
- Weight: 11.1 lbs
Best for a Time Crunch: Gourmia Automatic Cold Brew Coffee Maker (Under $65)
Yes, patience comes with many rewards, but what if you simply don’t have the TIME to be patient?
Enter this nifty cold brew coffee maker from Gourmia. While other cold brew coffee makers require hours of steeping, Gourmia delivers delicious cold brews in as little 10 minutes!
- The Gourmia has four strength modes and timers. The strengths include light, medium, bold or concentrate. And with an easy-to-use digital display, you can be on your way to the perfect cup in no times.
- A convenient ice basket keeps coffee cold. A chill cycle prevents dilution of coffee by gently circulating coffee over the ice basket.
- A built-in spout makes for easy pouring.
- Dimensions: 8.2 x 7.2 x 10.5 inches
- Weight: 2.75 lbs
Best Overall: Toddy T2N Cold Brew Maker (Under $50)
It’s the cold brew maker that started a revolution! The Toddy T2N Cold Brew system paved the way for all the other lovely cold brew makers on our list. Toddy began its foray into the world of cold brew coffee LONG before it became fashionable.
In 1964, founder Todd Simpson tried his first cup of concentrated coffee and went on a quest to perfect the process of cold brewing. With a passion for java and a degree in chemical engineering under his belt, Simpson founded and patented The ToddyⓇ Cold Brew System.
For over 50 years, cafes and baristas across the globe have turned to the Toddy to make the perfect cup of coffee and tea, and I think it’s time for you to do the same!
- Perfect for cold brews, hot coffee, and teas.
- Makes approximately 48 ounces of coffee concentrate.
- Includes four reusable filters. The filters are made from wool, which is much more durable than regular paper filters and keeps grounds from escaping.
- Dimensions: 12.8 x 7.4 x 7.3
- Weight: 2.1 lbs